5 Signs That Say You Need To Replace Your Roof
Most homeowners don’t think about their roof until it starts leaking. If you’re the kind that likes to keep everything top-notch, then don’t wait for the water to leak through your roof and start paying attention to it today.
Inspect Your Roof From The Inside
- The first sign of roof damage is visible from your attic. So grab a flashlight and climb up the stairs to have a close look at your roof from the inside. If you can see beams of light entering from your roof, then it is likely a sign that your roof has leakages.
Check Your Roof Shingles
- Grab a ladder and climb the roof and see if the roof shingles are in perfect shape, especially if there was a recent storm in your area. Shingles should typically lie flat against the roof and there should not be any visible cracks, patches, or any other sort of damage.
While you’re inspecting the shingles, also look at your gutters to see if there are any shingle granules collected there. If you see a lot of granules, it is a sign that your roof has lived past its life.
Look For All Sorts of Nature Damage
- Check the surface of the roof for trapped sagging spots, moisture, and rotting boards. A roof that is droopy and sagging is a one that needs immediate replacement. Make sure to check the lowest points of the roof where this damage is the most visible. If you see significant nature damage there, its time to call a roofing contractor and have your roof replaced.
Is there Moss?
- Moss can grow on a roof easily, but for your roof, it means that there is trouble ahead. Moss indicates that there is trapped moisture in your shingles which means that your roof is quite old. You could use a stiff brush to clear out the moss, but if the damage seems out of hand, it is time to have your roof replaced.
Don’t Give Up Hope
- Just because you have damage or leakage on your roof, don’t panic that you may need to replace your entire roof. A roof that has been properly installed by an expert roofing contractor can live past 15-20 years before it needs repairs or replacement.
Similarly, there is still hope with a damaged roof that can be repaired. If you think the damage is minimal, get in touch with SR1 Roofing today and have it inspected for free. SR1 Roofing has more than two decades of experience in residential and commercial roofing services. We provide a free cost estimate and roof inspection for everyone living in the areas we service in Texas.
- Request your free estimate and inspection and let us handle all your roofing problems. If there is damage that can be repaired, we’ll do our best to make sure that your roof lives a few more years before it can be replaced.
And if the damage is not repairable, we’ll give you the best options available at the most affordable costs in Texas.
Trevor is an ex-firefighter / paramedic for the city of Keller for eight years and also has a 10- year background in the construction and restoration industry.