When it comes to installing a new roof, the very first question that comes to our mind is what kind of roof should be installed? The roof of your house plays a key role in the well-being of the house as it protects the house from rain, wind, sun, snow, in fact, every natural occurrence. So the roofing material has to be chosen carefully.
The longevity, price, the value added to the property of your roof depends on the roofing material that you choose. You can use shingles, tiles, or metal for your roof provided they suit the climatic conditions of your area.
We have listed down the different types of roofing material that are available in the market for you:
Now you must be wondering which advanced roofing material will be the best for your house. We have put together 6 of the best roofing materials for you to choose from.
1) Asphalt Composite Shingles: Almost 3/4th of the houses in the USA have a roof of asphalt shingles. Asphalt shingles are very affordable when it comes to pricing. They also come in a lot of attractive options. That also look good in almost all the different types of houses. They provide good fire protection and are perfect for moderate climatic conditions.
2) Wood Shingles: Wood shingles give a very natural look to the house. Wooden roofing comes in two forms – shingles and shakes. Shingles are machine cut and come with clean edges whereas shakes are hand-cut blocks of wood that have a rustic appearance and are thicker than shingles.
3) Metal roofing: Metal roofing is durable, eco-friendly, and reflects solar heat. This attribute makes it very good for areas that are prone to getting harsh sunlight. As the sunlight is reflected, the metal roof keeps the interiors of the house cool.
4) Concrete and clay tiles: Concrete tiles are easy to work with as they are very sturdy. Clay tiles offer strength and durability to your roof. They are resistant to fire as well as most hail and wind. These tiles also offer a rich aesthetic appeal to your property.
5) Slate shingles: Slate is an amazing option for roofs. Firstly they come in different colours and hues, with a unique texture, making your roof look aesthetically pleasing. Secondly, they can last for over 100 years. Thirdly, they are also completely fireproof and water-resistant.
6) Membrane roofing: Thermoplastic roof membranes can tolerate high temperatures and come with a very unique look. Because they are flexible, they are known for their durability and are also very energy efficient.
Choosing the right roofing material will ultimately have to be your choice. You need to understand the pros and cons of the common roofing materials and then choose the one which suits your climatic conditions and is within the budget you have kept for the roof. You should consider the cost in the long run when you decide on the roofing material.
Deciding on the roofing material might get confusing. In such a case it is always a good idea to talk to professionals who will be able to suggest the best option for you.
At SR1 Roofing, we have well-trained and experienced professionals who can help you out with this decision. No matter what your roofing woes are, we can help you with them. Connect with us for any roofing requirement that you have and we will be there to help you.
Trevor is an ex-firefighter / paramedic for the city of Keller for eight years and also has a 10- year background in the construction and restoration industry.
For a FREE estimate or inspection of your residential roof, call us today.Contact Us
Contact us at the TheRoof WP office nearest to you or submit a business inquiry online.Contact Us